Yoga Diary #4: The *yogaeverydamnday7daychallenge*



Goodmorning lovely people!

This is indeed my very first post written in English, something I've been wanting to do for a long time, but which I had not decided to try up until now. Ideally, I would like everybody to be able to read this blog and I know that the only way to make this happen is to write in English. That's not always gonna be the case here though, since I love writing in Greek, but I thought I'll give it a go now and see how it feels and if it receives a warm response.

So today, and for once again, I'm gonna be talking about yoga and a recent challenge I set for myself which I named and hashtagged as the "yogaeverydamnday7daychallenge".
I have often talked about my passionate 17 year old relationship with yoga and how it transforms my life each and every time I get to be on my mat. I've noticed that at some periods of my life yoga turns out to be super extra important and vital for my wellbeing and survival over the hardships that are getting on my way. Lately, I have been feeling just like that: craving to get on my mat and take long deep breaths and move my body from one asana to the other, staying present in the now and focusing on what each moment has to teach me. We've been having some rough nights with the kids coughing and waking up a lot during the night, baby teething and crying and me down with a cold also, so I've been feeling quite out of sorts for the last 1 or 2 weeks. And yoga has been my saviour for once again. This time, I have not even planned anything, I have not even made extra effort, yoga just seemed like the only way out of this rollercoaster that motherhood and parenting in general felt like lately.

So, I thought, here we are, I'm gonna practice yoga every day for at least 7 days in a row. These days I normally practice twice or three times a week at the studio and I almost consider it a luxury and a gift, taking for granted that mothering two little ones leaves me with very little time and 'space' for myself. Practicing yoga for 2 or 3 times a week is average and it's fine and very ok but for someone like me who has been practicing almost non stop for so many years and has been building a life based on yoga principles, trust me, it's so little. I need more of this in my life and especially at times when external reality turns out to be really demanding, like now. I actually need yoga every-damn-day. I need it to be able to breathe deep, to pause and turn inwards rather than looking at 'facts', at other people or external circumstances. I need yoga each and every day to connect with myself, to dive deep in my soul and my inner body, to uplift my spirit, to remember the love that brought me here, the love that continues to nourish me, the love I give to my family and my beloved ones and of course the infinite, divine, sacred, eternal love as the source of every inch of whatever I've got to hold on to in life.

And as in many other periods of time in my life, I did it! I practiced for 7 days in a row, non stop, some days for just a couple of minutes and others for much longer but it all felt great regardless of the amount of time I spent on my mat. I practiced at the studio but also at home, in the evenings, after my kids fell asleep. I meditated. I held space for myself. Breath after breath and asana after asana it all felt like coming back home to me and my body. Pure bliss and balance. I will currently continue with this 'yogaeverydamnday' challenge for as long as I can. Because it's comforting, because it's part of me, because I feel more alive, happy and fulfilled after each and every savasana.

Please feel free to share your experience, feelings and thoughts on yoga by leaving a comment here below. It will make me so happy 💞
And of course, practice, practice, practice and all is coming 🙏



xoxo & stay inspired!
Namaste



FACEBOOK

INSTAGRAM

Σχόλια